Summer Evening Yoga @ The Research Station
Sign up for my email newsletter to be notified of Summer classes. Click here: https://crossfitmorden.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=f67abb884e3f5b8a83ce79151&id=b88375086a
- Mindful movement, breathwork, stretching, flowing, outdoors!
- Open to everyone.
- Weather permitting (if it’s raining, the class will be automatically cancelled for that day).
- Bring your own mat, sun and bug protection as needed.
Evening Yoga @ The Art Gallery
Location: Pembina Hills Art Gallery in Morden (352 Stephen Street)
Connect to the heart of who you are. This class uses yoga as a vehicle to connect to self.
We will begin each class with simple breathwork to create a calm state. We will practice positions, stretches, fascial self-care, and joint mobility to sense ourselves in space and connect to our physical selves for deeper understanding of what our bodies need to feel good. Each class will end with 5 mins of rest.
Because of the limited space, this class is pre-sold. If you’re interested in this class or future series offered, contact Brooke.
The undergirding principle behind Mindful Movement is how can we mindfully move and increase our capacity to move well in life. There is a saying that I believe is so true: “If you don’t move it, you lose it.” Think of this as a sustainable movement class that will compliment whatever you enjoy doing (be it another form of exercise, dance, kids, grandkids, your job, etc.).
Movement should be enjoyable and should be part of our entire day – not just one our in the gym. Our idea of “exercise” is often very limited in its definition. In this class, we will explore how to add more movement into our daily lives and how to expand our ideas of when movement and exercise gets to happen and how to enjoy that rather than view it as a punishment to “burn off calories.” We can increase our movement throughout the day and also enjoy it! It can be refreshing to change your perspective on what exercise means to you.
Variety and diversity keep our bodies healthy and happy. Mindful Movement is a fusion of movement practices. It is experimental in nature. We will play with all kinds of ways to move. This class is a combination of ancient movement practices such as breath and movement from Yoga and Qigong as well as more modern modalities of movement such as natural movement, functional strength, range of motion work with active stretching, soft tissue releasing as well as passive stretching.
This class will take place at CrossFit Morden. It will be low impact and low intensity and if you are familiar with a yoga class, it will feel more along the lines of that. Come with comfortable clothes and if you have, a yoga mat (though we have those to borrow if you need!). Shoes not necessary.
General Class Focus:
- Explore body-mind connection
- Mindfully moving
- Mobility (moving well around the joints)
- Making good movement decisions for your unique and awesome body
We will work on specific movements such as but not limited to:
- Shoulder mobility
- Hip hinging
- Posterior chain strength
- Core stability
- Unilateral movement
- Floor to standing transitions
If this class sparks your interest and you’d like to give it a go, contact me!
Brooke Nelson – A movement and breath practice have been one of the ways I have been able to be present, to find a still-point amidst what has sometimes seemed like chaos, and to connect with something bigger than myself.
My classes explore functional movement, variability, active and passive stretching as well as exploring joint mobility, strengthening, and simple breath work woven into the constant theme of practicing being present.
My influences for my practice and teaching come from a variety of modalities including yoga, strength training, CrossFit, functional range conditioning, breath work and natural movement (aka: moving in nature). I am always learning and currently enrolled in another yoga teacher training online. The journey never ends!
- 500hr Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Athleticism Coach through Brianna Battles.
- PPSC (Pain Free Performance Specialist)
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2)
- Agatsu Kettlebell Level 1
- CrossFit Scaling Course
- The Art of Breath 101
Co-creator of the Heart of Winter Yoga Retreat and the Blossom Mindfulness Retreat: instagram.com/blossom_retreat/
- Please bring your own mat, but if you don’t have one, we do have some to borrow.
- Winter months can be chilly in our big space, so bring warm clothing and if you’d like, a blanket for rest at the end of class.
- We don’t have air conditioning (so it could be a bit hot during those hot summer days but we do have fans to circulate the air).
- You DON’T have to be a CrossFit Morden member to attend these yoga classes.